Borrowing for Users
How to Register
- Log onto ILLiad with your WebID
- The first time you log on you will be instructed to create a user account. Read the ILLiad agreement carefully, and create your account.
How to Manage Your ILLiad Account
- Log on to your ILLiad account. The first page you will see is the Main Menu. From the Main Menu you can manage your ILLiad account.
- View/Modify Outstanding Requests lets you review requests you have submitted that have not been received (in Request Sent status), or are ready to be picked up (in Customer Notified via E-Mail status).
- View/Download Electronically Received Articles lets you access your articles, if you have said “Yes” to electronic delivery when you registered.
- View/Renew Checked Out Items lets you see a list of loans that you have, check due dates, and request renewals.
- View Request History lets you see a list of items you have obtained through ILL in the past.
- View/Resubmit Canceled Requests lets you see requests which have been canceled because they could not be obtained at the time of original submission. They may be edited and resubmitted from this screen.
- Review Notifications
- Review Personal Information gives you the opportunity to make changes in your address or other contact information.
Special Services Available Through ILL
- KUDZU: Our Library belongs to this regional consortium along with the Universities of Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Alabama, plus Tulane, Vanderbilt, Auburn, and several other southeastern libraries. Kudzu libraries expedite ILL delivery to one another; books may be received in 2-3 days and articles within 1-2 days. Book requests may be submitted directly from a WorldCat search.
Loans, Renewals, Overdues and Returns
- Time: Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery of ILL materials, although items from Kudzu libraries will arrive faster. Allow extra time for dissertations, since there is generally only one circulating copy available.
- Loan periods: Determined by each lending library; generally 3-5 weeks.
- Renewals: If allowed by the lender, should be requested through your ILLiad account a few days before the book is due. You will be given a temporary new due date. Then wait a couple of days for the lender to reply, and check in ILLiad to find the final new due date.
- Overdues: Notices are sent by e-mail several times a week. The first notice is a reminder sent shortly before the book is due; the third notice blocks you from using ILL until the overdue material is returned.
- Returning ILL materials: All Interlibrary Loan materials should be returned to the West Circulation Desk. Do not place ILL materials in the book drops.