J.D. Williams’ Library’s 3D Printer is available to all UM students, faculty, and staff to print three-dimensional, plastic objects using designs uploaded from a digital file (see the Submit a 3D Print Job tab for more details on acceptable file types).
Guidelines for 3D Printing
- The printer may only be used for lawful purposes. The public will not be allowed to print any object that is:
- prohibited by any local, state, or federal law
- unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or poses an immediate threat to others
- obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library or university environment
- in violation of another individual or company’s intellectual property rights.
- in violation of the Creed
- The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
- The library operates the 3D printer under a cost recovery model. Users will be charged $0.039 (3.9 cents) per gram, $0.014 (1.4 cents) per minute, and 7% tax.
- Users will be charged for failed print jobs that occur because of design errors. The library will be responsible for any failed print jobs as a result of a printer error.
- Any item that has not been picked up within 30 days after printing is completed will become property of the UM Libraries.
- Only designated UM Libraries’ staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
Submitting a Request
To submit a requst for 3D printing, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the 3D Print order form below.
- Be sure to include your Ole Miss email where you can be reached for questions.
- You will be contacted with a cost estimate and an estimated time for completion prior to your order being printed.
- Once your order is completed, you will receive a link for online payment.
- Once your payment is made, you will be contacted to arrange pick up.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or complete the following feedback form.
3D Print Submission & Feedback