Brian Young is UM Libraries’ collections strategist and liaison to the School of Engineering.
In his role as the collections strategist, Brian works collaboratively with other librarians to implement new approaches to collection development/building in order to develop and maintain a sustainable budget. This primarily includes reviewing and introducing new models for accessing content and seeking to understand how users currently access and use currently owned and licensed resources.
In his role as the School of Engineering liaison, Brian works with the school to support faculty, develop collections, and provide library instruction and research support for students.
Brian also supports the Research and Instruction Services department by teaching first-year instruction initiatives classes and providing reference support through virtual chat.
Brian’s research interests include scholarly communication, library collections, and the intersections/tensions between the two topics.
- Advanced Google Searching
- Analyzing and Assessing Multimodal Compositions: A Bibliography
- Animal Testing Alternatives – Searching the Literature
- BISC Honors
- BISC163 – Biological Sciences Laboratory
- CHEM 115 – Chemical Information
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Science – Graduate Students
- CSCI 300: Social Responsibility in Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Failures (Man-Made Disasters)
- General Engineering
- Geology and Geological Engineering
- HON 102 – Willett – Bioethics
- LIBA 102 – Russell
- Makey Makey
- Mechanical Engineering
- PHAD 688 – Research Methodology and Techniques
- PHAD 792 – Drug Development and Marketing
- Physics & Astronomy
- PRCT 350 Information Skills in Pharmacy Practice
- Raspberry Pi
- Research Data Management
- Science and Religion
- Sense of Place: Oxford, Ole Miss, and Mississippi
- WRIT 100: First Year Writing I
- WRIT 101: First Year Writing I
- WRIT 102: First Year Writing II
- WRIT 250: Advanced Composition