There is a unique relationship between the University Libraries and the overall academic integrity of the University of Mississippi. Strong library resources positively impact the quality of every single student’s and faculty member’s experiences on the Ole Miss campus, serve researchers from around the globe, sponsor programs and exhibits to broaden perspectives, and encourage lifelong learning. Libraries of today not only preserve and transmit knowledge for all those who enter their doors, but library resources are readily available online, which means they are can be accessed by all at any time.
Gifts of all sizes to the Universities Libraries combine to enhance these storehouses of knowledge at the University of Mississippi. Give today to assure that our students, faculty, and the public benefit from exceptional library resources, helping them create new knowledge, advance innovative ideas, and make contributions to humankind.
At the heart of every outstanding university is an outstanding library. It is the reservoir of knowledge essential to the basic educational experience. Your gift to the University Libraries will make a difference at Ole Miss for generations to come.
Ways to Give
Most of the donors who support the University Libraries do so through “unrestricted” gifts which allow them to be used for whatever needs the Dean of Libraries considers most pressing. Most of these gifts come in the form of annual gifts, such as the Friends of the Library, but some donors choose to create unrestricted permanent endowments that can be used at the Dean’s discretion. To make an unrestricted gift right now, go to our Give Now page.
Friends of the Library
You can also support the library by joining the Friends of the Library organization today!
Founded in 1940, the Friends of the Library provides vital support to the J.D. Williams Library. 100% of our membership dues support new acquisitions, thus keeping our library strong for our students and faculty. Thank you for your membership.
Stephen Monroe, President of the Board
When you make your donation, check the “Friends of the Library” box and your membership will automatically start. You will receive news and announcements about upcoming events regarding the Friends of the Library.
Join the Friends of the Library
Gifts in Kind
The University of Mississippi Libraries are highly selective in the types of donated materials that we accept to add to the Libraries’ holdings. The Libraries accept scholarly materials that enhance the collections in support of the institutions teaching and research needs. If you are planning to make an in kind donation please review our Material Donation Policy and General Collection Donation form.
Endowments to the University Libraries provide a steady, dependable stream of income that can be used to build collections, buy equipment, hire students and other employees, and offer additional services to our patrons. When other income sources are variable or uncertain, endowments become even more important to maintain excellence in the Libraries. As a donor, you will receive annual reports on the materials purchased or the other accomplishments made possible by your gift.
Below is a list of endowments currently benefiting the Libraries:
- George E. and Daisy D. Baird Memorial Library Endowment Fund (1988)
- Barksdale Family Library Endowment (1994)
- Baxter History Collection (1985)
- James Army and Iris Brown Family Library Endowment (1983)
- Lucy L. and J. Gale Chumley Endowment (1993)
- Friends of the Library Endowment (1985)
- Garner Library Fund (1964)
- General Library Endowment Fund (1986)
- Dr. Jeanne L. Holley Library Endowment (1993)
- Latham Library Fund (1985)
- Seymour Lawrence Collection (1993)
- Dr. E. Wilson Lyon Memorial Library Endowment Fund (1990)
- “M” Club Memorial Library Endowment (1986)
- Thelma Boozer McMullan Memorial Library Endowment (1999)
- Sarah Harlan Morrison Memorial Library Endowment (1996)
- Charles E. Noyes Library Endowment Fund (1991)
- E. H. Patterson Library Endowment (1997)
- Louis I. Pigott Library Endowment (1983)
- John Pilkington Library Endowment Fund (1985)
- Hugh L. Quarles Library Endowment (2002)
- Emma Rogers Library Endowment (2004)
- Mary Elizabeth McDonald Russell Library Endowment Fund (1988)
- Mahala Saville Library Fund (1968)
- Special Collection Development Endowment (2002)
- Special Collection Endowment Fund (1983)
- Clarence Steber Library Fund (1971)
- Gerald Walton Library Endowment (2001)
- Williams’ Library Reference Dept. Quasi-Endowment (1991)